[OSRM-talk] Newbie question : alternative modes

Ricardo Pereira ricardo.pereira at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 09:03:59 UTC 2017

Thanks.
The merge with osmosis would probably be required as the set of seaways to
be used resulted from a custom set of paths specific to the application
(not based on OSM rivers).
Usage of ferry would mos probably not be desired. I would like car profile
to work as normal, including the possibility to use OSM provided ferry
tagged routes, and would expect "my seaways" to only be used with a
specific profile (say "boat") and not even be merged with road.
Assuming that I would get a merge with a new set of routes tagged with a
"route=boat", what kind of support would OSRM give to support adding a new
mode/profile that could only use such routes ?

Thanks