[OSRM-talk] Some questions

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 19:09:58 UTC 2017

Hi to all
for a project, I have to calculate distance and travel time between 2 points.
I've tried, with success, OSRM. Some questions:

1) can I strip down as much as possible to keep the memory usage low ?
I don't need any restricted turns for trucks and so on,
the only needed profile is "car" and I only need to fetch distance and
time, even directions are not needed.

2) would be possible to return a GeoJSON (or any other format) with
isochrones from a defined point ? I would use this to pre-calculate an
estimated travel time between points.

3) how can I load multiple maps with osrm-routed ?

4) which is the memory usage for osrm-routed ? I've pre-processed the
maps on a huge computer and then i'm running osrm-routed on a server.
Is that the sum of all *.osrm.* files ?

5) in case of map updates, can I "reload" osrm-routed without restarting it ?

Thank you in advange.