[OSRM-talk] Expecting time for osrm-contract for planet

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Thu Sep 21 15:39:24 UTC 2017

Hi Kieran,

  The contraction time will be slow - many, many hours for the whole
planet.  *Typically* for the car profile it's about 12 hours, but if you
use bike or foot, or your own profile, it can get a lot bigger.

  If you've messed with the travel speeds, that can have a big effect too.
 24 hours is not unheard of, but whether it's legit will depend a lot on
the details.

daniel