[OSRM-talk] OSRM 5.14.3 set kilometers long ways as small elements

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:22:23 UTC 2018

Hi Daniel,

I didn't know this really nice option small-component-size :)
I set it to 10 and many so tagged small elements weren't small any more.

Routing engine use these ways again, which solve my problem, thank you

This means I didn't have any connectivity problems, and oneway/turn
restrictions wasn't too restrictive.
Then, why disabling access to small elements, especially when they can
provide a way more efficient route?

My graph is a bit special, and I would understand osrm will have issues to
browse it.
I have custom ways linked to standard road network with oneway edges toward
my custom ways.
Then once you get in my parallel network, you can't get out back to the
standard roads.
Do oneway edges get lower rate or whatever ?
My oneway handler set is_forward_oneway=true and
backward_mode=mode.innacessible

Finally, I don't see any turn icon around my connections on debug render
(despite the style is well installed in debug/index.html), should I worry?

Kind thank you for your answers

François