[OSRM-talk] Permission to distribute an open source python wrapper for libosrm

Debsankha Manik dmanik at gwdg.de
Mon Nov 5 12:55:05 UTC 2018

Dear OSRM developers,

I would like to thank you for writing and maintaining the wonderful
osrm-backend software.

I do research on human mobility and am using OSRM heavily for running
simulations. For that purpose I have written a python wrapper for libosrm.

I would like to ask you if I can distribute this wrapper in the official
python packages repository pypi (https://pypi.org/). Specifically, I
would like to do the following:

1. Distribute osrm-backend source code with my wrapper's source code (It
is now a git submodule).
2. Incorporate compiled osrm library and osrm binaries (e.g.
osrm-extract, osrm-customize etc) in compiled binaries of my python
wrapper.

Of course, I would put the appropriate acknowlegments and copyright
notices. I am ready to use  the same BSD-2 license for the wrapper.

I would look lorward to your response.

Best regards,
Debsankha Manik

--
Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization,
am Faßberg 17, 37077 Göttingen