[OSRM-talk] Different routing than demo server

Jose Florido joseflorido at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 17:43:07 UTC 2018

Hi!

I just deployed your docker images on a new server and started osrm
backed with latest data for Louisiana from Geofabrik.

I am finding a big difference in routing for some cases, compared to
the running demo server at project-osrm.org

For example this route:

http://map.project-osrm.org/?z=10&center=29.871611%2C-90.144196&loc=29.595770%2C-90.719535&loc=29.949932%2C-90.070116&hl=en&alt=0

http://104.248.79.106:9966/?z=10&center=29.871611%2C-90.144196&loc=29.595770%2C-90.719535&loc=29.949932%2C-90.070116&hl=en&alt=0

Clearly demo server does a better job routing here.

I am running the docker images right out of the box. MLD algo and
processing data with extract, partition and customize steps. I did not
modify the car.lua profile.

Any idea why is there such a difference?

Thanks!
Jose