[OSRM-talk] Question Regarding OSRM Travel Time Calculation

Frédéric Rodrigo fred.rodrigo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 07:44:29 UTC 2018

Hello,

How road network is interpreted is configurable by a lua script:
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/blob/master/profiles/car.lua

The public demos instance use real time traffic data:
http://map.project-osrm.org/

Other standard instances does not use traffic data to adjust the speed.

One instance of OSRM does not have the ability to provide routing with
traffic over the time, only one traffic dataset (at one point of time,
or avg eg).

Frédéric.