[OSRM-talk] wrong "rate" in debug tiles

Sun Feb 24 11:15:39 UTC 2019

Hi

I am adapting my profiles to use distinct speeds and rates. For
debugging, I wanted to display the rate as well in the debug map view.
However, the rate delivered in the .mvt tiles seems wrong, and I can't
figure out why. In one profile, it is off by a factor of 100, in another
it is off by a factor of about 1.8. strange.

What is forward_weight_range in tile.cpp[1] and how does it work? I have
a feeling that there is some global scaling somewhere which is missing.

Michael

[1]
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/blob/master/src/engine/plugins/tile.cpp#L482