[OSRM-talk] Install OSRM on MacOs

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Fri Jan 11 23:36:46 UTC 2019

Hi Didier,

  I mean, can you include the *full command* you ran?  At a minimum, I'd
expect `osrm-extract somemap.osm`.

  By default, `osrm-extract` will look for a file called `profiles/car.lua`
relative to the directory in which you invoke it.

  I would verify a few things:

    1. Are you somehow accidentally using a different version of
`osrm-extract` from somewhere else on your system PATH (like /usr/local/bin
?)
    2. Are you passing a `-p profiles/car.lua` parameter explicitly, or are
you depending on the default.

  Also note that modifying the `maxspeed_table_default` and `fr:urban`
values will only affect those road types.  This will only affect roads that
have `maxspeed=fr:urban` - other road types will not be affected (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:maxspeed#Values).

  If the area you're testing routes in doesn't have those tags, then there
will be no effect.

daniel