[OSRM-talk] Help - Off-line Routing

Sayer, Bryan BSayer at s-3.com
Fri May 17 16:34:26 UTC 2019

I'm not sure what your use case is.

We use the Stata implementation from S.Huber and C. Rust to do static routing. That is, we have a static list of starting points and ending points that we route in batch. You do have to build your routing maps first, and this takes a lot of memory, although this might depend on what area you are doing. We used the United States, and needed 64 GB to build the maps. Multiple threads are helpful for doing the routing.

I don't know about an interactive use in an off-line (air gaped) environment. But I also don't know why one would need an interactive use in such an environment.

The Stata program simply executes an operating system shell to run OSRM, so I imagine it would be very similar to something in C++.

https://www.uni-regensburg.de/wirtschaftswissenschaften/vwl-moeller/medien/huber/osrm_paper_online.pdf

osrmtime: Calculate Travel Time and Distance with OpenStreetMap Data Using the Open Source Routing Machine (OSRM) - uni-regensburg.de<https://www.uni-regensburg.de/wirtschaftswissenschaften/vwl-moeller/medien/huber/osrm_paper_online.pdf>
www.uni-regensburg.de
2 osrmtime: Calculate Travel Time and Distance processor capable, and takes advantage of OSRM (Open Source Routing Machine)2. OSRM is a high-performance open-source C++ routing engine for shortest routes on