[OSRM-talk] Nondeterminism in OSRM response

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Mon Apr 6 22:07:55 UTC 2020

Yeah - osrm-routed uses the SO_REUSEPORT socket option (see
https://lwn.net/Articles/542629/), which means you can run two copies of
osrm-routed, and the operating system will round-robin incoming connections
between the two processes.
Handy if you want to do lossless handover from one process to another, but
can cause some confusion if you forget you've already got osrm-routed
running.

daniel