[OSRM-talk] Blocking zones in OSM

Alex Valencia alex.valencia at simplit-solutions.com
Wed Aug 26 01:29:51 UTC 2020

Hi All!.

  I'm using OSRM V5 in my company and we are currently thinking how we can
work with OSRM ignoring zones in a map in some sort of dynamic way.

  For example I want my travel time matrix to be calculated without
considering some zones in the map modeled as polylines regions. Currently
the only way we can think of is to remove those regions directly from OSM,
but this is clearly not a very scalable way (especially if the underlying
OSM is big).

  So I was thinking if there is a proper way to achieve this goal. We are
considering separating the matrix calculation over the map in a separate
function and feeding it with a decorated version of the original map where
we can remove these regions on the fly prior to the calculation. But I'm
also not sure if this is a realistic way either.

  Our requirement is to solve VRP instances usually over regions no bigger
than a city, for example Mexico City,

  Your advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

  Alex Valencia