[OSRM-talk] OSRM Demoserver - call for hosting volunteers

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Fri Jan 24 19:52:36 UTC 2020

Hi all,

On Mar 09, 2020, the TLS certificate for router.project-osrm.org is going
to expire.  At the same time, Mapbox is going to shutdown our hosting of
that service.  As many of you have probably noticed, our investment in the
OSRM codebase has greatly decreased over the last year.

This is a call to the community to see if someone else is willing to take
up the mantle for running the demo server.  If nobody steps up, then the
service will stop working on Mar 09, 2020.

The demoserver currently hovers at around 10k requests/minute with peaks up
to about 50k.

I've also posted a ticket about this at
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/issues/5655