[OSRM-talk] Colombia - Tunel de la linea

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 2 06:01:51 UTC 2020

Hi Carlos,

> In the past days a new tunnel was opened in Colombia "El Tunel de la
> linea", which allows to go in one way and the mountain must be crossed
> from the other direction; This tunnel is located between the cities
> Calarcá and Cajamarca.
>
> OSRM does not allow routing through the most important tunnel in the
> country and avoids it by an infrequent path to the north.
>
>  Could you please solve this so that the route goes through "El Tunel
> de la linea".

When you take the graphhopper routing, it does use the tunnels. The only
thing not 100% correct I could find is that a lot of roads still have
construction=trunk on them (as well as highway=trunk). If it is still
under construction you use highway=construction+construction=trunk, when
the road opens you have to remove the construction=trunk. Maybe OSRM
gets put off by that?

I've removed construction=trunk from all roads that have highway=trunk.
See if that solves it.

Regards,
Maarten