[OSRM-talk] Recreating the same route in another dataset

Daniel Patterson daniel at mapbox.com
Thu Oct 8 15:20:40 UTC 2020

Take the route geometry you obtained from your 2020 dataset, and use the
`/matching`  service to match that to your older dataset.

If it's impossible to match (e.g. because roads disappeared), well, then
it's impossible to match.  The `/matching` service allows for some
coordinate imprecision, so it should take care of roads that were moved a
bit.

daniel