[OSRM-talk] OSRM does not use date restrictions in conditional access?

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Tue Oct 13 11:45:01 UTC 2020

michael spreng wrote:
> It currently does not. There is an update cycle of about 4 days. I think
> such date ranges would make sense to use at the time of generation
> (however day time ranges would still be ignored). But that is not yet
> implemented as far as I know. It could be implemented in the lua
> profile, so probably no deeper knowledge of osrm is necessary to
> implement this.

Implementing a full opening hours parser in Lua is probably not trivial though ;)

There is actually a C++ OpeningHours class in OSRM, which is used for parsing conditional turn restrictions. It's not fully featured but might be enough. It could be given a Lua binding, I guess, to avoid duplication.

Richard