[OSRM-talk] TLS & Reverse Proxy of OSRM front end

Tom Lawson tomlawson at tuta.io
Fri Apr 16 00:01:24 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I have an install of OSRM running in the following setup:

Cloudflare -> OPNsense firewall -> Debian10 VM (Srv 1) -> Traefik container (Srv1) -> OSRM Front End container (Srv1) -> OSRM backend (Srv 2)

It works perfectly on LAN, HTTP only: http://<ip>:9966

OSRM Front End container (Srv1) -> OSRM Back End container (Srv2)

I cannot seem to proxy it though to be served at a subdomain with TLS: https://maps.example.com

Traefik rules are good; I used the same rules with other HTTP service no problem. Cloudflare is turned off entirely (DNS only) for maps subdomain. It doesn't seem to matter what config I use, I cannot get reverse proxy to work?

Is anyone else running their OSRM Front End behind reverse proxy successfully? Is it possible to configure TLS in NodeJS on OSRM container?

Thanks,
Tom

I'm not a tinfoil hat kind of guy, but data privacy is a rapidly growing issue. Most 'free' services are are actually paid for with your privacy. Did you know Google, Microsoft, Yahoo etc all scan your email, its attachments etc and use it to profile you?

Four quick steps:
1. Get free encrypted email @ www.tutanota.com <http://www.tutanota.com>.
2. Change your DNS to Quad9 @ www.quad9.net <https://www.quad9.net/>
3. Switch browser to Firefox @ www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new <https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new/>/