[OSRM-talk] Computing resources

Andrew King andrew.king at satmap.com
Fri May 28 10:57:40 UTC 2021

Hello,

We have recently taken on responsibility to create osrm instances for foot + bicycle + car routing with planet data, and we are trying to determine what compute specs are recommended in order to be able to process these.

Do you have this information available, or can you recommend a link where I can find out this information?

- How much memory is required/recommended to process planet data?
- Can the osrm processes (ie osrm-extract, osrm-partition, etc) make use of multiple cores?
- How long do each of the processes typically take to run on planet data?

Kind regards
Andrew