[OSM-Photos] Suggesstion about photos at openstreetview.org

Matija Nalis mnalis-openstreetmaplist at voyager.hr
Sun Oct 17 04:11:38 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 05:22:10AM -0700, Amrit Pal wrote:
> After  the command entered from terminal as you wrote
>              git clone git at github.com:amritpalpathak/OpenStreetView.git
>
>              1)                         I  got the OpenStreetview(it has its own
> files & folders) directory in  my home directory (is it the source code of the
> side)?

Yes, the OpenStreetview directory contains everything you need to run the
server copy.

>            2)                            I also install the mysql,rubyonrails on
> my computer.Now tell me how to use this source code and run it on  rubyonrail,so
> that i can make the changes; ??

first, edit files in config directory.
When everything is setup, you run:

rake
./script/tools/processor.rb &
./script/server &

and after that you can connect to local instance via
http://localhost:3000/

upload test pictures, and play with code.

there is also  "README" file with some generic info...

--
Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.