[Potlatch-dev] Using p2 as your main editor?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 14:28:57 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm interested in hearing from people who are now using p2 as their
> main editor - how are you finding it? Also for people who have tested
> p2, but have gone back to p1 - any thoughts?

Might have mentioned these before but:
- speed. Not sure why, but the background imagery (nearmap) is much
much slower in potlatch2. The whole thing feels really sluggish.
- keyboard shortcuts. I make large numbers of edits in a short space
of time. Efficient keyboard shortcuts matter. (plus, enter, pgdn/pgup,
are the main ones)
- mouse misbehaviour. Rapid mouse clicks are completely ignored. It's
basically impossible to trace out a road at a reasonable speeed.

So, I don't need many features, but I do need the simple stuff to work
well. Really well.

Steve