[Potlatch-dev] Merging of tags

NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de
Sat Oct 2 16:56:42 BST 2010

Hi!

When I merge two ways into one, the tag values are merged into a
comma-separated list. This is pretty bad, as that is neither the old nor the
new value but most of the time an invalid value, effectively disabling the
tag altogether. If you don't notice before saving, the object gets random
changes and might even disappear from the maps.

I blelieve that an editor  should never, ever set invalid values from valid
values but rather force the user to make a deliberate decision. Is the
current state only temporary or intentional?

bye
            Nop