[Potlatch-dev] [OT?] problem with serving potlatch2.swf on XP

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 22:44:05 BST 2010

This probably isn't a potlatch-specific problem, but if anyone can
help, I'd be very grateful. After doing quite a few cycles of making a
change to potlatch.css, then reloading the css, Chrome eventually
stopped loading the .swf. I switched to Opera, which worked for a bit
until it crashed, and only half loads the .swf. Then FireFox
eventually did the same thing.

What's happening seems to be the local web server (HFS, but tried
nginx and got the same result) serves up the first few icons and other
files fine, then runs out of ... something ... and starts returning
503 (service unavailable). So half the icons end up display as red
crosses, the main map area remains blank, and the background sources
dropdown is unpopulated. Rebooting didn't help.

(The setup I'm using, to be clear, is a local modified potlatch2.html
file that points to the live OSM server.)

As I said, probably not a potlatch-specific problem (unless maybe some
kind of resource isn't being freed correctly), but it's causing me big
problems so if anyone has any ideas...

Steve