[Potlatch-dev] Restricting vehicle types

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 11:35:49 BST 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 12:52 AM, Shaun McDonald
<shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk> wrote:
> Another item I've come across is the inability through the simple mode to state something like bicycle=no for trunk roads. I'm wondering if anyone has had thoughts on the best way to implement this with a good user experience into the GUI?

Select trunk road, "Cycle" tab, "Bicycles Permitted:" -> "Prohibited".

But yeah, not the easiest. Maybe we should present some kind of access
selector that you can choose the vehicle type and select
yes/no/private etc and have that show on the front tab.

If you have any ideas for advanced tag editors that would be good.
We've currently put most stuff in as drop down boxes because it's easy
to do, but they're often not the best representation.

Dave