[Potlatch-dev] Ooops

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 13:46:07 GMT 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Ed Loach <ed at loach.me.uk> wrote:
>> I created this way yesterday by mistake:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/103531496/history
>> Is this a known issue, or should I report it in trac?
>
> It should be reported to trac, but it's best if you get some steps to reproduce.
>
> But I've just spend two secs investigating, and it's quite easy to reproduce.
> * Start drawing from an existing node.
> * Pause for a second
> * Click the same node again.
>
> Voila, the way ends as is the same node twice, e.g.
> http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/201780
>
> I'll make some investigations. It doesn't happen if you're just
> starting a new way.

OK, I've fixed this and I'm pretty sure it works[1]. However, the
DrawWay.as logic is getting ever-more complex and I think the nested
if-then-else loops can probably be refactored to make things clearer.
I'm loathe to refactor them until we get some unit tests since there's
a surprisingly large number of things you can do when drawing!

Cheers,
Andy

[1] It'll need deploying at some point when the sysadmins get a chance.