[Potlatch-dev] HOT Potlatch2 presets

Pierre (PierZen) infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Tue Mar 15 02:53:53 GMT 2011

I have accepted at the last HOT Conference call to produce HOT specifice Potlach2 presets.  To do so, I have worked from the JOSM DefaultPreset file.

A Python script was used to automate the conversion from JOSM Presets to P2. After that, feature elements where grouped in HOT specific InputSets.

I have a versio of P2 presets wich is ready for testing. I incorporated the HOT presets with the P2 Default presets and installed a copy of P2 to test the menu. I only modified presets files and did not recompiled P2.

At this point, the menus are visible but we cannot select the various HOT categories from the left menu. The HOT dialogues Boxes are not showed properly.
When selecting a node or a way, and selecting a HOT Menu item on the left, the dialog box and name of the category listed always correspond to IDP Camp.

I dont find detailed documentation about P2 Presets that would help to fix the problems.

I am asking for volunteers to look at the Hot Potlatch2 Test copy and make suggestions for corrections or enhancements.

The Hot Potlatch2 Test copy can be accesssed at the following url : http://www.clubmontagnecanadien.qc.ca/hotpotlatch2/index.php

The Presets work files that have been modified from the original version are listed below. I have added to the map_features.xml file, the HOT InputSets. And I have grouped the two HOT categories in distinct files.

http://www.clubmontagnecanadien.qc.ca/hotpotlatch2/map_features.xml
http://www.clubmontagnecanadien.qc.ca/hotpotlatch2/map_features/map_features/Humanitarian_Features_Common_Tags.xml
http://www.clubmontagnecanadien.qc.ca/hotpotlatch2/map_features/map_features/Humanitarian_Features.xml

regards,