[Potlatch-dev] Potlatch 2.3

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 12:09:28 GMT 2011

On 26 November 2011 12:32, NopMap <ekkehart at gmx.de> wrote:

> I played at migrating to P2.3 again and ran into a few problems.

Hi Nop,

First off, two apologies. P2.3 was released with a major upgrade to
the flex libraries that pretty much broke i18n completely, although
due to the seemingly never-ending saga of me being unable to reproduce
problems meant that it wasn't explained clearly in the release
announcement.

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/potlatch-dev/2011-September/001220.html

Second apology is in not getting back to you at the weekend, since I
knew I was going to be doing a lot of work around i18n and hoping to
fix things. See the other thread for more on this.

Now, to your points:

> Is there a full set or browsable instance of the locales somewhere?

See http://random.dev.openstreetmap.org/potlatch2/ which is a
continually updated build of potlatch2 with directory browsing
enabled. I've also added a trac ticket
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/4112 to provide bundled builds in
order to cut down on these hassles.

> 2. setting the locale. How do you do that in P2.3? The parameter format has
> changed, it used to be fo.addVariable("locale", "de_DE"); but what is it
> now?

Try again with 2.3-112 or later, it should be working, thanks to work
by Hiroshi.

> 3. Config files. There was a hint earlier in this thread that the config
> file format has slightly changed. At first glance, my unchanged files appear
> to work. Can you give me more information where adjustments are necessary?

I'm not sure which config files you are referring to, but perhaps
Richard can describe more the subcategory panels work.

> 4. Authorization. P2.3 asked for a fresh authorization key. What changes
> cause it to do that? That request seems to pop up from time to time, I found
> that I had about 10 authrizations in my osm account. The question is also
> asked occasionally by users.

That will happen when either the flash cookies are cleared, or the
.swf is served from a different URL. Perhaps your users have browser
privacy plugins that are clearing saved flash cookies?

> When i executed the authorization, I had firebug running as I used it to spy
> on P2. This caused Firefox to always crash after the authorization window
> opened. After disabling firebug it worked. Is this a known problem?

Haven't heard of that before.

Cheers,
Andy