Scripted Rails setup for Ubuntu 10.04

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Sep 12 09:57:46 BST 2011

On 12/09/11 09:31, Graham Jones wrote:

> Maybe we should compare notes to see if there is anything to learn from
> the different approaches?   I kept getting confused by the rails code
> having 'openstreetmap.org <http://openstreetmap.org>' hard coded into
> it, so I change it to something else so that I don't start looking at
> the live OSM site by accident.   I forget what else it does now, because
> I stopped working on it once I got to the GPX import code, which is what
> I wanted to test, so it may not have the main api code working properly.
>    Also un-installing will not be tidy (no effort to remove the database
> etc.).

There are only a handful of places which hard code it - for 99.99% of
the work anybody might be doing it will all work relative to wherever it
is running.

I'm assuming here of course that "server_url" has been set correctly in
the config/application.yml file - if you don't do that then there will
be more places which get it wrong.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)