[OpenStreetMap] #4026: Modify tags on changeset

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Wed Sep 28 19:24:51 BST 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
> (to rails-dev only, not trac)
>
> TomH wrote:
>
>> The person raising the ticket appeared reasonably technical - after all
>> they came straight here and asked for an API change rather than requesting
>> a UI change in an editor. So I gave a technical response.
>
> Yep. Josh, I think you're getting confused between trac.osm.org and help.osm.org. :)

Except that any reasonably technical person surely knows the basics
about changeset updates, or for that matter anyone who's used JOSM
more than a few dozen times.

Tom made the assumption that Nicolas was referring to changing tags
while the changeset is still open. Even if he's right, I think it's a
valid concern for closed changesets, however I'd agree that discussion
should occur on this list rather than on trac, I just thought it was
helpful to give some thoughts to give Nicolas or others a starting
point for research. I guess I'm not a big fan of the practice of
closing tickets/questions without giving OPs some hint as to what they
should be asking or where they should ask it. My bad for not
immediately directing Nicolas to this list.

-Josh