[openstreetmap-website] User page redesign a.k.a. activity stream (#54)

Paweł Paprota ppawel at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 22 16:06:03 BST 2012

Hi Alex and all,

I have updated the technical design section on the wiki page [1]. Now it
includes the third option - "external" - that is the option with an
external activity "server" generating and serving the stream content (as
JSON or whatever).

It would be good if those who have experience with OSM.org
infrastructure could weigh in on the additional complexity that goes
with that option - obviously the server would need to run somewhere, it
would be a new dependency for the main application (activity server down
= no activity stream).

I personally think/feel that the dynamic option is out of the running
and would lean towards the external one instead of the static one.

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Ppawel/ActivityStream#Technical_design

Paweł