[openstreetmap-website] This removes the whereami functionality. (#85)

Paweł Paprota notifications at github.com
Wed Dec 12 15:19:56 GMT 2012

+1 from me to removing the "Where am I" link. It's very confusing as "Where am I" brings geolocation functionality to mind.

As for removing the server-side stuff - not so fast :) I'd say I like Bing Maps functionality which is similar to this "describe location" feature - Bing Maps shows a small label in the top left corner of the map which describes what is the current map view. It may be a nice way to use Nominatim and give more interactive feeling to the website.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/85#issuecomment-11292875