[openstreetmap-website] Login (#21)

Tom MacWright reply+i-3394351-7d71f5dabc6b3226ca3d6535616e1b5b55375a0a-1419053 at reply.github.com
Sun Feb 26 23:54:37 GMT 2012

This is a big simplification of the login page: before

![login](http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68059/Screenshots/h.png)

After:

![login](http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68059/Screenshots/i.png)

Basically

* Pulls action buttons in for large strings
* Reorganizes 'remember me' to a more typical spot on the page
* Adds 'create an account' above the fold.

The big issue with this is that it introduces a new translation string - "Don't have an account?", that needs translation and is relatively important for engaging with the site. But I think this change fixes the main UI flaws on this page: the action buttons can be easily missed, and the most important action from a 'getting people to use osm' point of view is hidden on many first-page-loads.

You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/tmcw/openstreetmap-website login

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/21

-- Commit Summary --

* Add GPLv2 license file and mention in README
* Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website
* Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website
* Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website
* Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website
* Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website
* Simplify login page. Introduces a new token into the translation directory.

-- File Changes --

M app/assets/stylesheets/ltr.css.scss (1)
M app/views/user/login.html.erb (27)
M config/locales/en.yml (3)

-- Patch Links --

  https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/21.patch