[openstreetmap-website] Changeset view (#20)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Feb 29 08:12:20 GMT 2012

Martijn,

On 02/29/12 02:20, Martijn van Exel wrote:
>> What does that even mean? A blue circle on the map, but there's nothing
>> there! Is it deleted? Is it hidden? The "comment" seems to say that it is a
>> motorway of some kind. But why a blue circle?
>
> Bear in mind that the basemap is live mapnik, whereas the node is from
> the test database, so the two layers have no relation to each other.

Sure. But nodes exactly like the one in that example are just as likely
to pop up on the main database.

> But I think it's a bogus argument anyway. Just because it's not for
> novice users does not mean that it should not be more user-friendly.

What I am saying, and what others have said before me, is that for the
kind of user that will normally use the "browse" pages, the big map
across the top makes it *less* user friendly, because we go there
explicitly *for* the technical details which are now displaced further
down the page.

The very fact that the re-designed page is now less user-friendly than
before was the reason for my post.

Bye
Frederik