[openstreetmap-website] User page redesign a.k.a. activity stream (#54)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jul 16 20:12:58 BST 2012

Hi,

On 16.07.2012 16:11, Paweł Paprota wrote:
> At this point this is in very early stages, any feedback is welcome, especially on the layout/functional side but technical feedback as well.

I note you're designing for/on an 1920 pixel wide display. Please keep
in mind that a lot of effort has gone into making OSM usable for
displays as small as 640px wide, and take care not to break that.

I note that you have prominently placed a "find friends" link as well as
access to "Friends' diaries". The "friend" concept is very little used
in OSM and I don't think that we should actually encourage people to
misuse the term "friend" in the way e.g. Facebook does, so I object any
kind of automatic "find friends" or "why not befriend these people...?"
method.

Bye
Frederik