More UX testing

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 17:44:43 GMT 2012

Hi All,

More notes on UX testing are available on my blog

http://www.gravitystorm.co.uk/shine/archives/2012/03/01/make-the-hard-things-simple-and-the-simple-things-occasionally-surprisingly-hard/

or http://bit.ly/wG4rzK for short. The single hardest thing to fix
would be around integrating the rails port with the help system so
that the profiles are either the same, or at least linked. But there's
a stack of easier things that could be fixed too - only one of which
involves any changes to the front page. On thing I realised was that
we should separate actions (e.g. Add as friend) from information (view
x) since imho people expect buttons for actions rather than otherwise
normal looking links.

Cheers,
Andy