[OpenStreetMap] #4306: Slippy-map for GPX tracklogs broken - it uses Osmarender which is not supported any more.

OpenStreetMap trac at openstreetmap.org
Sat Mar 17 18:09:22 GMT 2012

#4306: Slippy-map for GPX tracklogs broken - it uses Osmarender which is not
supported any more.
 Reporter:  geep999  |       Owner:  rails-dev@…
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
 Hi,
 Can't view my GPX trace e.g.
 [http://ojw.dev.openstreetmap.org/gpx/?gpx=1195837]
 All I see are the OpenLayers controls icons and a white background.

 Looked in the source and found these 2 lines:
 // Base map
 layerTilesAtHome = new penLayers.Layer.OSM.Osmarender("Osmarender");

 I think that OpenStreetMap.js recently dropped support for Osmarender, so
 I assume that's why no trace or map are displayed.

 Suggest somebody changes the basemap to one which is still supported. e.g.
 OpenLayers.Layer.OSM.Mapnik("Mapnik"));

 Cheers,
 Peter

--