[openstreetmap-website] Port to Leaflet (#121)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Tue Oct 9 21:01:13 BST 2012

I haven't looked at any of the details, but I don't have a problem with this in general terms, if it can be made to support everything that OL currently does.

One concern is that I think it only has SVG and Canvas renderers, which presumably means no vector overlays in IE before version 9 which may be a bit of a problem.

Something I did notice is that you have removed `vendor/assets/openlayers` but we will probably need to keep that for now even if we're not using it, as there are third party sites that load OpenLayers from us I believe - certainly there are many which load the OpenStreetMap,js file and I think some load the whole thing.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/121#issuecomment-9276765