Rake test - functionals! fail

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Mon Oct 22 03:22:02 GMT 2012

Yes, but the instructions are a little vague for a new guy like me. When I
followed the steps below, I believe the maptile functions ended up in the
public schema, which may not be the correct place to put them.

My comments from the Discussions section of that page:

<discussion>

In the Quadtile installation section, the user is asked to "log into pgsql"
and do...

Log into PgSQL and execute the CREATE FUNCTION statement from
maptile.c's comment:

sudo -u postgres -i

psql

CREATE FUNCTION maptile_for_point(int8, int8, int4) RETURNS int4 AS
'/full(no~)/path/to/rails-port/db/functions/libpgosm',
'maptile_for_point' LANGUAGE C STRICT;

CREATE FUNCTION tile_for_point(int4, int4) RETURNS int8 AS
'/full(no~)/path/to/rails-port/db/functions/libpgosm',
'tile_for_point' LANGUAGE C STRICT;

Q: This will create functions in the public schema for the postgres
instance, which I believe should be fine, but I am not sure.
</discussion>

--
Jeff Meyer
Global World History Atlas