[openstreetmap-website] Rename (#102)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Sep 20 20:41:31 BST 2012

Hi,

On 20.09.2012 20:19, Tom Hughes wrote:
> Well only |README.md| is really in scope for this issue tracker...
> Incidentally, part of the reason that it is still called what it is in a
> lot of places is that we've failed to come up with a concise alternative
> - in particular I hate the |openstreetmap-website| name for being
> ridiculously long and wordy ;-)

Also, I think the API calls are the core of the whole thing and I would
never expect XML API calls to be collected under the term "web site"
(which I always read as being an user-facing component).

OSM can, and should, work without a web site. Well, apart from the fact
that you need one to sign up.

But after using the misnomer "rails port" for years, I don't mind using
the misnomer "OSM website" for another few years and maybe we can find
something right later.

Bye
Frederik