[openstreetmap-website] Add retina support (#104)

Tom MacWright notifications at github.com
Fri Sep 21 15:40:56 BST 2012

> Adding support to OpenLayers shouldn't be too hard. Hosting costs are a different thing of course.

No, it should and it will. This would necessitate serving 4x as many tiles (and thus as much bandwidth), redesigning the OSM style to work with a different scale factor (which would likely result in a duplicate set of icons, for which we only have bitmaps).

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/104#issuecomment-8766747