[openstreetmap-website] Use Konacha for testing JavaScript (#105)

John Firebaugh notifications at github.com
Fri Sep 21 22:51:00 BST 2012

As previously discussed on the mailing list.

One concern raised there was that we needed to have the ability to
run specs from the command line without opening a browser window.
I've configured konacha to use poltergeist, a PhantomJS-based driver,
so the `konacha:run` rake task is completely headless.

We seem to have general consensus that testing the OSM.org JS would
be a good thing. What needs to happen to adopt konacha (or any other
technology)?

You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/jfirebaugh/openstreetmap-website konacha

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/105

-- Commit Summary --

  * Use Konacha for testing JavaScript
  * Headless command line JS specs with poltergeist

-- File Changes --

M Gemfile (5)
M Gemfile.lock (44)
A config/initializers/konacha.rb (5)