[OpenStreetMap] #3349: Nominatim search result box for boundary=administrative relations do not propse to show boundary relation

OpenStreetMap trac at noreply.openstreetmap.org
Fri Apr 26 16:37:15 UTC 2013

#3349: Nominatim search result box for boundary=administrative relations do not
propse to show boundary relation
--------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  PierZen      |      Owner:  rails-dev@…
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  closed
 Component:  website      |    Version:
Resolution:  fixed        |   Keywords:  boundaries
--------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by TomH):

 So I did some tests with the "England" relation on my machine, with
 Firefox 20 and it takes about 10s to download it, parsing the XML is
 basically instantaneous and then it takes 3s to display it.

 Obviously slower machines and/or browsers may take considerably more time
 than this...

 It's hard to avoid the download time, but that shouldn't block the browser
 anyway. I can install a data size limit to stop large responses being
 parsed and rendered - the question is what value we should set it at...

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/3349#comment:7>
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/>