[openstreetmap-website] Move site on to flexible grid (#403)

Saman Bemel-Benrud notifications at github.com
Mon Aug 12 09:05:14 UTC 2013

> There is no set width that will not feel unconfortable to a sizable portion of users at some stage.

Good design provides sensible defaults not unlimited configuration. This reduces effort on users and provides those unaware or incapable of configuration(in our case, configuration=changing window width) with a pleasant experience. Full-width text is very challenging. I found the OSM diaries nearly unreadable before max width was implemented.  Read: http://baymard.com/blog/line-length-readability

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/403#issuecomment-22480831