[openstreetmap-website] Make iD default editor (#453)

John Firebaugh notifications at github.com
Wed Aug 21 21:55:08 UTC 2013

Thank you for the summary @pnorman. Of the points raised against iD that you listed, the one that is a regression from Potlatch 2 is the lack of a copy/repeat tags feature (P2's 'R' keybinding). We [plan to add this](https://github.com/systemed/iD/issues/839) to iD, but I would argue that all things considered it's not something that should block a change of default.

In the absence of any other clear bug reports that indicate a regression from Potlatch 2 I think we should merge this and make iD default for new users. I know there's been many good requests made but I don't think we can wait for a hard to define level of perfection to make iD default. The only hard bar we can measure against is the status quo we want to replace. iD is on par with P2 on all critical features and is much easier and safer to use overall.

Let's flip the switch :)

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/453#issuecomment-23053560