[openstreetmap-website] Make iD default editor (#453)

Paul Norman notifications at github.com
Thu Aug 22 09:55:37 UTC 2013

Okay, as far as I can tell the current regressions are

### Technical

* systemed/iD#1646 (parsing diffs, may become an issue in ~1 month)

* I could not find any outstanding performance issues.

### User-facing

* systemed/iD#1512 (Relation membership is apparently much less obvious in iD, which is okay, except that if a user is unaware of relation membership they may inadvertently perform merges which damage relations)

* iD endorses proprietary data sites (no issue created yet)

-----
systemed/iD#1646 is purely a technical timeline issue. If it gets fixed before we are ready to send map? requests to a slave server, no one will notice. If not, it could blow up badly the first time replication lag exceeds a second or so.

systemed/iD#1512 is on balance, probably not any reason to hold back.

I think more users have expressed opposition to the Twitter and Facebook links than have **used** the twitter link in the last month.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/453#issuecomment-23079418