[openstreetmap-website] "Edit with P2" link doesn't invoke P2 in correct context (#575)

SomeoneElseOSM notifications at github.com
Sun Dec 1 00:04:43 UTC 2013

Something that I do quite often is swap between P2 (to see Bing imagery) and P1 (to see deleted ways).

For example here

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=potlatch&node=1456919875#map=20/52.44712/-2.22367

a new mapper has deleted some ways that included a bridge and redrawn without a bridge.  Normally if a P1 undelete wasn't appropriate I'd fix that by zooming in, selecting P2 from the top of the screen and editing in there.

However the P2 link seems just to be

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=potlatch2

And that edits that last place that I viewed the map, which in my case happens to be

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/52.37616/-2.31911

not the expected

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=potlatch2&node=1456919875#map=20/52.44712/-2.22367

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/575