[openstreetmap-website] When invoked with a node, the "edit" link starts zoomed too far out. (#605)

SomeoneElseOSM notifications at github.com
Tue Dec 3 14:41:38 UTC 2013

Example

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/197818454

If I close the left-hand pane and jiggle the map around a bit I can see that I'm at layer 19.  Naturally, that's the zoom level that I'd expect to start editing at.

However from that URL if I select edit (my default editor is Potlatch 2) I get taken to

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=potlatch2&node=197818454#map=16/53.3853/-1.5025

which is an unfeasibly low zoom to edit at - the context of the previous screen has been lost and a new mapper may not know how to get back.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/605