[openstreetmap-website] Object id in URL (after search) confuses edit location (#620)

Richard Fairhurst notifications at github.com
Thu Dec 5 23:47:50 UTC 2013

Thinking from a user's point of view - generally a placename search is a map navigation activity, i.e. pan and zoom me to the place identified by this name. So either #2 or #3 is correct behaviour. #2 is probably marginally more useful (and puts me to shame in that in n years I never implemented select-object-on-load in P2).

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/620#issuecomment-29950900