[openstreetmap-website] Redirect too large map calls (#632)

Paul Norman notifications at github.com
Fri Dec 6 09:12:49 UTC 2013

The map call isn't served by the rails port on api.osm.org. Additionally, you've hard-coded a location which may not be serving the same data.

I'm concerned that we'd be encouraging people to run large queries and rely on the fallback. When a query hits the 50k+1 limit there is still a reasonable amount of work involved in doing the initial select.

I think there are also some overpass-specific questions/issues that would need discussion, but as I just see TomH has closed it, they're moot.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/632#issuecomment-29973526