[openstreetmap-website] History page approximates bbox parameter (#641)

Eugene Alvin Villar notifications at github.com
Mon Dec 9 14:36:15 UTC 2013

> we do not guarantee will continue to exist in the future

@tomhughes, basically, like every other URL on the OSM website that is part from the API. I'm quite sure that removing the "browse/" part of the URLs in the redesign would have broken some tools that are not equipped to handle HTTP redirects.

So, OK, I agree that we should not promote undocumented URLs but people should be free to use them if they find it useful with the caveat that there are no guarantees.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/641#issuecomment-30136347