OWL-Rails Port integration

Paweł Paprota ppawel at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 9 12:34:40 GMT 2013

Hi again,

There was a discussion yesterday on IRC about this and currently there
are two alternatives to the current solution:

1. Adding server side code to Rails Port that would handle OWL requests
(like I described in my previous e-mail).

2. Moving more responsibility to the client-side, in particular: adding
API method to retrieve user information for multiple users at once so
it's feasible to render richer user information without doing N API
requests; adding Javascript code to handle tag symbols and translations.

The first solution looks like a simple one to implement so I will
probably try it out and see how it works. If for some reason it does not
fit then I will move on to the second one.

Paweł